Monday, March 17, 2014

How to Love yourself







I remember when I was a high school freshman, the first time i was embarrassed about my body; I remember doing the best that i could just not to look like a freak, putting on some lipstick so i would not look like a vampire, just for all the ruthless boys who don't even think before they speak and I would go home, wear over-sized shirt not bothering myself to look down, and making myself to believe all the " you are beautiful" sayings on tumblr. lies lies lies I tell myself as I jump in my bed, my flat chest meeting my knees with my arms wrapped around them, wishing and praying that someday I will be good enough, but i can't and will never be good enough for a society whose definition of a girl is skinny, bones, fair skin, big boobs, skinny, skinny, skinny. Fall in love with yourself first. all these time I wanted and needed someone to love me was here all along. it was ME. silly me, trying to dress to impress while there was no joy deep inside. I just realized that no lipstick, nearly naked powders, smooth hair and all the bullshit thats in the criteria of beauty is  NOT what defines you. its all the little simple things you have thats worth much more than a skinny body and thigh gaps. The way you wipe your hair out of your face. the way you try to look serious in a situation. the way you laugh. the way you joke around your friends and trying to be goofy. the way you say Hi to kids and give them a smile. thats what makes you, YOU. you should start realizing that you are not living for others, you are living for yourself so stop trying to seek approval and love from the society cause we live it a world that the people are unfair, not the life that we have. so start loving yourself cause you are Diamond, believe it or not. because the only one you've got is yourself and GOD.

------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment