Tuesday, July 9, 2013

♡ BE YOU ♡


 Oscar Wilde once said with his usual wit: Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. As humorous as this might seem, it's a basic summation of the truth. Yet, you can't be yourself if you don't know, understand, and accept yourself first. 

  • Find yourself and define yourself on your terms. You have to know first what you want in life.Try to think about what kinds of things you would or wouldn't like to do, and act accordingly; finding out through trial and error helps more than you might think it does. You can even take personality tests, but be careful to only take what you want from them so that you do not let such tests define you. Instead, ensure that the defining you do is based on your own terms and is something you feel absolutely comfortable with. You may feel self-conscious, but over time if you are around the right type of people for you, they will accept you for who you are. And love and start to look at the real you..
  • Avoid bringing back the past. Don't bring back the embarrassing moments you did before.forget about the past, that will just stop you from growing. Allow yourself this space to grow, to improve, to become wiser. And allow yourself to forgive past errors and past behaviors you're not so proud of. Work on accepting mistakes and choices you've made; they're done and in the past. You had your reasons for them and the decision made sense at the time, so instead of harnessing yourself to past mistakes, allow yourself to learn their lessons and continue to grow.
  • Stop caring about what others think of you. I know it sounds impossible, but how can we be ourselves when we keep thinking about what other people think? If you want someone to love you, you have to let them see the true you, not the one that you are trying to be. and if you care about what they say, you will just get hurt.
  • Be Honest and open. We have nothing to hide. We must admit that we are all Imperfect, growing and learning human beings. Be honest with yourself, but don't beat yourself up; apply this philosophy to others, as well. There is a difference between being critical and being honest; learn to watch the way you say things to yourself and others when being honest.
  • Treat yourself the way you want to be treated. Give yourself some ME time. Give yourself sometime to relax. Be responsible for yourself and for boosting your self-esteem. If others aren't telling you you're great, don't let it get to you. Instead, tell yourself you're special, wonderful, and worthwhile. When you believe these things about yourself, others will recognize that glow of self-confidence and begin confirming your self-affirmations in no time!

  • STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHERS. If you're always striving to be someone you're not already, you'll never be a happy person. This comes about through comparing yourself to others and finding yourself wanting in certain ways. By comparing yourself to others, you give their image-portrayal way too much power and reduce your own worth based on a mirage. It's a useless activity that only brings harm. Instead, value the person you are, love your personality, and embrace your flaws; we all have them, and as explained earlier, being honest is better than running from them.







I’ve made so many right and wrong decisions in the past year and I think to myself that if I could I would go back and change what happened or stop something from happening, but really I wouldn’t. If it weren’t for those wrong decisions, those right decisions,I wouldn’t be where I am now, I wouldn’t love the people I love now, I wouldn’t know what I know now. I would be someone completely different. And maybe sometimes I wish I was, but if I was someone different the people who love me for me, for who I am, through everything wouldn’t be here, and I don’t know what I would do without them. So don’t regret any of your decisions because they are what form you into the beautiful amazing person you are now.


No comments:

Post a Comment